Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Trace Register’s electronic traceability?
Trace Register is a secure web based database offering electronic traceability for food supply chains. We are a turnkey on-line solution that provides secure product registration, unique product level identification, confidential on-line data management and transfer through an independent data repository, and immediate compliance with food traceability regulations and standards.
The system allows you to enter and share data at every step of the supply chain. You can easily share safety, quality, regulatory, sustainability, import and compliance information. The electronic platform puts the data at your fingertips saving time, money, and headaches when product verification questions arise.
- How much Training will I need to learn Trace Register?
Trace Register Customer Support is here to train you. Through one on one remote training sessions, online videos, docs, and online resources, the support team serves your training needs. Depending on your use of the system, most accounts should dedicate 1-3 hours of training time to become proficient at Trace Register.
- How Do I Join Trace Register?
Joining Trace Register is easy!
- Open http://www.traceregister.com/trace-register-account-sign-up/
- Fill out the online form and submit it.
- You will be contacted by a Trace Register sales representative within one working day and we can usually have your account set up the next day.
- You can also contact us at email@example.com
- What if I have forgotten my password?
On the login screen, simply click the blue ‘forget your password?’ link below the login button. The system will guide you through the password recovery process beginning with your email. Enter your email address in the box and click ‘retrieve password.’ Then follow the instructions in the email that will be sent to your email address. If you see the error message saying ‘the email is not registered’ then please make sure you have entered the correct email.
- What are the minimum system requirements to use Trace Register?
Trace Register requires a DSL internet connection. The computer can be a PC, laptop or tablet computer with a 1Ghz or faster processor and 1GB RAM or more of memory. It should have an up-to-date version of either the Firefox or Internet Explorer browser installed.
- What sites need to be unblocked to let Trace Register users work?
Trace Register is an on-line application, so users need fast, reliable internet connections. Also, as many companies operate with Firewalls, these users will need access to the following Trace Register sites:
- http://www.traceregister.com (and all sub-domains of the traceregister.com top-level domain).
However, depending on the levels of security and the types of security programs your company uses, your IT staff may have to make additional configurations to your system.
For on-line training sessions, please ask your IT staff to make sure you can access the GoToMeeting application (www.gotomeeting.com). They can review the GoToMeeting FAQ “Using GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar with Firewalls”. https://www1.gotomeeting.com/default/help/g2m/?Portal=www.gotomeeting.com
- Can I run Trace Register on my Mac?
Yes. Trace Register is web based, so you access it through your web browser. It runs on a Mac, but it does not run on Safari, Apple’s default browser. To run Trace Register on you Mac, open the Firefox web browser. Log into Trace Register using your account ID number, user name email, and password. If you do not already have Firefox on your computer, simply download it from their website. TR Training system TR Production system
- How much time should I expect to spend in Trace Register documenting each order?
The amount of data entry time depends on the size of the order. For example, 1-10 products will take under 5 minutes, 10-20 products will take under 10 minutes.
- Is my data secure, and who will have access to the information?
Yes, your data is secure. Trace Register maintains industry standard security measures, much like the security standards of online banking systems etc. Trace Register operation involves receiving product from registered suppliers and sending product to registered buyers, creating a permanent, traceable link. Only members of the direct supply chain (e.g. buyers and suppliers) will have access to the data shared through Trace Register. Each business controls what information is shared through the supply chain.
- How do I change the language?
It is easy to change your language to one of the nine languages supported by Trace Register (Chinese, English, French, Indonesian Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai or Vietnamese). On the login screen, simply click on the Change Language dropdown in the upper right. Once you are logged in, you may permanently set your default language in Preferences.
- How can I get Help and Support for Trace Register?
Trace Register offers help and support in a number of ways:
From within our software, navigate to the Help Page:
- With program documentation: the Quick Start Guide and the User Guide
- With Help Videos
- With email support
Via on-line training:
- For new users and where assistance is needed, we offer on-line training to help you set up and use your account;
- For users wishing to develop XML file upload, we can provide more documents and support to help import data as necessary.
If you have other questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org